Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions detailed below apply to any services provided by Public Internet Limited (â€œPublic Internetâ€) once Public Internet has accepted your order by sending you a written confirmation or by commencing the provision of The Service (as defined below)
- Public Internet shall use reasonable endeavors to provide the service to you specified in your order (â€œThe Serviceâ€). You acknowledge and agree that Public Internet does not guarantee the provision of The Service on an uninterrupted basis but that Public Internet shall use reasonable endeavors to meet the service levels, if any, specified on the service order form. In the event that no service levels are defined, Public Internet shall provide the relevant service will reasonable care and skill. You further acknowledge and agree that Public Internet may revise itâ€™s service levels from time to time, and that you accept such revised service levels as notified.
- If Public Internet applies for the registration of a domain name on your behalf as part of The Service you warrant, represent and undertake as follows:
- that you have the right to use the name which will form the prefix of the domain name; and
- by requesting that Public Internet apply to register the domain name you agree to comply with the relevant registration authorityâ€™s terms and conditions as specified from time to time and indemnify and keep Public Internet and itâ€™s directors and staff fully and effectively indemnified at all times against all costs, claims, liabilities, losses, damages, actions and expenses (including without limitation, legal expenses) arising directly or indirectly from the registration and/or breach by you of this clause 2 including, without limitation, the relevant registration authorityâ€™s terms and conditions.
- Public Internet shall use reasonable endeavors during Office Hours (as defined below) to provide advice and support concerning the provision of The Services to you by e-mail on the address specified at http://www.public-internet.org/ (â€œThe Websiteâ€) from time to time and shall, where appropriate, seek to provide remote diagnosis and fault corrections. Public Internet shall provide such advice and support with reasonable care and skill. For the avoidance of doubt, Public Internet shall not be obliged to carry out any site visits or otherwise provide support other than by e-mail. For the purposes of this clause 3, â€œOffice Hoursâ€ shall be defined as 09:00 to 17:00 on any weekday excluding public holidays and bank holidays in England.
- Your sole remedy for failure by Public Internet to meet the Service Levels shall be to terminate this Agreement in accordance with clause 14
- This Agreement shall commence on the date specified by Public Internet in itâ€™s confirmation of your order or the date that Public Internet commences the provision of The Service (whichever is sooner) ands shall continue in force until terminated in accordance with itâ€™s terms
- You must pay Public Internet for the for The Service at the rate agreed with Public Internet at the time of placing your order as such rate may be revised by Public Internet from time to time provided that Public Internet does not revise such rate more than once in any period of twelve months and you shall pay such rate in advance on or before the beginning of each payment period as agreed with Public Internet at the time of placing your order (â€œthe due dateâ€). Any failure by you to pay in full by the due date will entitle Public Internet at any time thereafter without notice to you to terminate the provision of The Service with immediate effect.
- You undertake and agree to:
- keep your contact details up to date and forthwith notify us of any amendments;
- keep your passwords confidential and only disclose them to such of your employees who need to know them and you will procure that those employees keep such passwords confidential; and
- comply with the terms and conditions of use of any third party networks and services used in the provision of The Service which are not directly operated or provided by Public Internet and/or which are not under the control of Public Internet
You acknowledge and agree that:
- From time to time, The Service may be closed down and suspended in order for work to be carried out related to the upgrading or maintenance of The Service or for other reasons relating to the provision of The Service. Public Internet shall use reasonable endeavors to give you reasonable notice of such closure and suspension and shall use reasonable endeavors to ensure such works are carried out as quickly as reasonably possible.
- Public Internet is entitled to alter of transfer IP addresses from time to time for any reason whatsoever. Whilst Public Internet shall use reasonable endeavors to give reasonable notice of such alteration or transfer, Public Internet does not guarantee this. All IP addresses supplied are supplied as non-portable RIPE PA or PI address space and remain the property of Public Internet and must not be used on termination of The Service, and Public Internet shall thereafter be entitled to use such IP addresses for any purpose whatsoever. No IP addresses are transferable to other service providers; and
- In the case of Services comprising Leased Lines or ADSL, in each case as specified on The Website, Public Internet is providing The Service using services provided by third parties and that without prejudice to clause 7(c) Public Internet shall not be liable under this Agreement for a failure or degradation in respect of The Service if it is due to an act or omission of such third party.