Direct Debit payments offer a quick, safe and easy way to manage regular payments and ensure that your account is always up to date. With Direct Debit, you’re always in control and your payments are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
You can add a Direct Debit mandate to your Public Internet account at any time via our customer portal.
- Open your browser and log in to the customer portal at https://portal.publicinternet.com/
- From the top menu, click the
- Next, from the left-hand menu, click
Payment Methods. You’ll see a summary of the payment methods associated with your account and a few options to make changes.
In the Direct Debit section of the screen you’ll see details of any Direct Debit mandate that’s currently associated with your account.
Setup a Direct Debit
To add a new Direct Debit mandate, click the
Add Direct Debit button at the top of the Payment Methods page in your customer portal.
- Enter your bank account details and select
Setup Direct Debitto save it to your account.
- No payment will be taken at this time.
- You will receive an email confirming the details of your Direct Debit once it’s been setup.
Cancel a Direct Debit
To delete the existing card, simply click the
Cancel Direct Debit from the Payment Methods page in your customer portal.
- The cancellation will take effect immediately and no further payments will be requested from your account.
- If you cancel a Direct Debit, please ensure that you have another method of payment in place.
- Cancelling a Direct Debit does not automatically cancel any services on your account. If you wish to cancel a service, please do so from the relevant service page in the customer portal, or contact our support team for assistance.
Future scheduled payments will be debited from your account relevant due dates. You’ll be emailed a receipt to your registered email address.